Discover infinite beauty as you explore one of the most alluring and exclusive parts of East Africa. Small, luxurious camps in the Selous Reserve offer access to one of the country’s most remote and unspoiled wilderness. Freedom and space provide an unusual safari experience along the Great Ruaha River as you may wander in the footsteps of whatever creature strikes your fancy and capture once-in-a-lifetime photographs without having to wade through crowds of fellow travelers. Delve into an intimate face to face with some of nature’s greatest marvels, from lion, hippo, rhino, and cheetah to the towering baobab trees that have stood through the centuries, on this exceptional tour of Tanzania. For the ultimate experience, finish off your adventure at the exotic spice island of Zanzibar on an optional extension.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan 6-Mar; Jun; Nov 1-Dec 22$7,995
Jul-Oct; Dec 22-Jan 5, 2020$8,495
Jan 6-Mar; Jun; Nov 1-Dec 22$8,495
Jul-Oct; Dec 22-Jan 5, 2020$8,895
Maximum group size: 22 travelers. Rufiji River Camp only has 11 tents.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flights between Dar es Salaam/Selous/Ruaha/Dar es Salaam.
- Flight between Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar on the post extension.
- Superior accommodations as indicated, or similar.
- All meals on safari and at Matemwe in Zanzibar; breakfast and dinner daily at the Serena in Zanzibar; welcome and farewell dinners in Dar es Salaam.
- All wildlife viewing by 4×4 vehicles driven by a naturalist driver/guide.
- Professional naturalist will accompany the group with a minimum of 10 travelers.
- Water in vehicles and during meals.
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
- January-March – southern sector of the Serengeti and the animals are massing and giving birth to their young
- April-June – central Serengeti and the animals begin to move
- July – western corridor of the Serengeti and on the move towards Kenya
- August-October – northern Serengeti and mostly into Maasai Mara in Kenya
- November-December – returning back to the Serengeti and making their way to the southern sector
Zanzibar follows a similar pattern with rains (longer rains in April & May with short rains in November) but it does not rain every day or all day, rather short showers. Being so near the equator, Zanzibar is tropical year-round, but in summer (December/January) it’s usually windy, so there are pleasant sea breezes.
Highlights of Southern Africa – Cape Town South Africa, Okavango Delta & Savute Botswana & Victoria Falls, ZimbabweFrom$11,895.00
Ethiopia – Treasures of Abyssinia: A Tapestry of Man and GodFrom$5,595.00
Zimbabwe – The Thunder & Roar of Africa’s True WildernessFrom$8,795.00
Tanzania Unmatched – Heaven’s Wild RefugeFrom$5,295.00