Discover quintessential Africa when you take a walk on the wild side in Tanzania. A relaxed attitude combined with some of the best reserves and parks on the continent is the ultimate in safari chic. Your safari hits the most intriguing spots, from Tarangire with its enormous elephant herds, to the vast savannahs of the Serengeti, the roots of modern man at Olduvai Gorge, and the unique eco-system of Ngorongoro Crater. This is a slice of Africa where animal is king and the landscape free from modern encroachment. With more land devoted to wildlife than anywhere else in the world, this is truly a safari paradise. Pampering is the norm on this safari as your camps evoke a romantic reminiscence of yesteryear.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan 1-Mar 31; Jun 1-30; Nov 1-Dec 19$9,995
Apr 1-May 31$8,895
Jul 1-Oct 31 & Dec 20-31$10,495
Jan 1-Mar 31; Jun 1-30; Nov 1-Dec 19$10,695
Apr 1-May 31$9,695
Jul 1-Oct 31 & Dec 20-31$11,495
Maximum group size: 24 travelers. Pioneer Camp only has 12 luxury tents.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flight between the Serengeti and Arusha on the main trip.
- Flight between the Serengeti and Zanzibar on the post extension.
- Superior accommodations throughout.
- All meals on safari and in Zanzibar.
- All wildlife viewing by 4×4 vehicles, driven by a naturalist guide. A window seat is guaranteed.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles and at meals.
- Professional naturalist will accompany the group with 10 travelers.
- All applicable hotel/lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All park entry fees
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
- January-March – southern sector of the Serengeti and the animals are massing and giving birth to their young
- April-June – central Serengeti and the animals begin to move
- July – western corridor of the Serengeti and on the move towards Kenya
- August-October – northern Serengeti and mostly into Maasai Mara in Kenya
- November-December – returning back to the Serengeti and making their way to the southern sector
Zanzibar follows a similar pattern with rains (longer rains in April & May with short rains in November) but it does not rain every day or all day, rather short showers. Being so near the equator, Zanzibar is tropical year-round, but in summer (December/January) it’s usually windy, so there are pleasant sea breezes.
Kenya Luxury Under Thatch & Canvas – In the Footsteps of Adventurers & ConservationistsFrom$10,995.00
Kenya – The Original Safari DestinationFrom$15,695.00
Southern Tanzania – The Swahili Coast & The BeastsFrom$7,995.00
Kenya Unmatched – Safari Mystique Under African SkiesFrom$4,995.00