In Tanzania the Maasai have shared the endless plains of the Serengeti with endemic lion and elephant for eons. Journey into the dawn of time as you pass the stoic red-robed Maasai boy herding his cattle and descend 2,000 feet by Land Rover beneath the cloud cover into Ngorongoro Crater, Africa’s ‘Garden of Eden.’ The amazing wildlife you see crossing the diverse terrain is only enhanced by a visit to Oldupai Gorge, where Mary Leakey discovered one of the earliest fossils of humankind. Home to both humans and beast since the beginning of time, the magic of the Serengeti continues to thrill.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan 2-Feb 28; Jun 1-30$7,995
Jul 1-Oct 31; Dec 23-31$8,895
Nov 1-Dec 22$7,295
Jan 2-Feb 28 Jun 1-30$8,395
Jul 1-Oct 31$9,295
Nov 1-Dec 22$7,595
Maximum group size: Although larger groups can be accommodated, we recommend 24 travelers (4 land cruisers)
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flight between Serengeti and Arusha.
- Flight between Serengeti and Zanzibar on the post extension.
- Superior accommodations as indicated, or similar.
- All meals on safari; breakfast and dinner daily plus lunch during tours on extension (B =Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- All wildlife viewing by private 4×4 vehicles driven by a naturalist driver/guide. A window seat is guaranteed.
- Visit to a Maasai village and Serengeti Wildlife Research Centre.
- Traditional lunch at Mto Wa Mbu Village.
- Professional naturalist will accompany the group with a minimum of 10 travelers.
- Water in vehicles and during meals.
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
- January-March – southern sector of the Serengeti and the animals are massing and giving birth to their young
- April-June – central Serengeti and the animals begin to move
- July – western corridor of the Serengeti and on the move towards Kenya
- August-October – northern Serengeti and mostly into Maasai Mara in Kenya
- November-December – returning back to the Serengeti and making their way to the southern sector
Zanzibar follows a similar pattern with rains (longer rains in April & May with short rains in November) but it does not rain every day or all day, rather short showers. Being so near the equator, Zanzibar is tropical year-round, but in summer (December/January) it’s usually windy, so there are pleasant sea breezes.
Namibia – Apricot Hued Dunes & Desert Adapted WildlifeFrom$9,395.00
Kenya Unmatched – Safari Mystique Under African SkiesFrom$5,495.00
Highlights of Southern Africa – Cape Town South Africa, Okavango Delta & Savute Botswana & Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Madagascar – Land of the Lemur & Malagasy HospitalityFrom$7,595.00