Discover Uganda – known as the ‘Pearl of Africa’ by British explorers – a country noted for outstanding beauty and diversity – from the ethereal Mountains of the Moon to open savannahs and impenetrable forests. Uganda is the center of Africa’s own “Great Lakes” system. All that water has produced a country of verdant landscapes and thick forests, while the dark, rich soils support all manner of life. It is in these densely packed forests that Uganda’s most famous residents reside — the awe-inspiring mountain gorilla. These powerful and intelligent animals will often view you with as much scrutiny and curiosity as you are viewing them. Uganda is a realm where humans are the visitors, and visitation is a privilege.
Degree of Difficulty –
In addition to the costs, following current costs (subject to change) apply for permits
For Main Program: Gorilla permit – $700 each, plus $20 for the porter, Chimp permit – $200 each, plus $20 for the porter.
Rwanda Extension: Gorilla Permit – $1,500, plus $20 for the porter; Golden Monkey Visit – $100, plus $20 for the porter; Karisoke visit – $75, plus $20 for the porter
Maximum group size: 16 travelers – Ndali and Mahogany Springs only have 8 cottages each.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flight between Bwindi and Entebbe on the main trip.
- All meals while on safari in Uganda and Rwanda (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Wildlife viewing in specially-designed 4-wheel drive safari vehicles, with open roof viewing hatches for wildlife viewing and photography. A window seat is guaranteed. Chimpanzee and gorilla trekking will be made on foot.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles
- Professional naturalist on main tour and extension with a minimum of 10 travelers
- Gratuities for baggage handling, hotel tips and all applicable hotel and lodge taxes.
- National Park and Reserves entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
South Africa – The Garden Route: Beauty and the BeastsFrom$8,795.00
Botswana & Namibia – Desert Sunset, Delta Dawn, Chobe MiddayFrom$8,095.00
Great Escapes: Botswana – A Tapestry of Wildlife & NatureFrom$9,095
Wild Splendors of Southern Africa – South Africa & Botswana – Nature’s Bountiful Feast in the Land of PlentyFrom$12,695.00