Travel to where the colorful plumage of tropical birds accentuates the vine encrusted stone edifices of Central America’s Mayan past. Explore the only sanctuary to be dedicated to the solitary and elusive jaguar while your eyes feast on the multitude of exotic tropical birdlife that Belize has to offer. Visit Xunantunich, once a hub of Mayan civilization, now a magnificent ruin, whose central pyramid stands amid the cacophony of the living jungle. Explore the Underworld in the caves of Xibalba in Belize, and Tikal, Guatemala, where the Mayans built a temple believed to be a portal to a spiritual Underworld. At all times you are surrounded by the incessant calls of thriving birdlife accompanied by the ancient voices of the region’s Mayan past.
Degree of Difficulty –
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Internal flights within Belize.
- All ground transportation in air-conditioned motor coach. Boat transfers in some areas.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Accompanied by a birding guide with a minimum of 10 travelers.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- All park entry fees.
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Costa Rica – Showcase of ConservationFrom$3,395.00
Antarctica – Secrets of the Seventh Continent
Cuba – Passion, Preservation, and the Rhythms of LifeFrom$3,695.00
Chile & Argentina – Andean Grandeur in the Patagonian Lake DistrictFrom$10,695.00