There is nothing so unpredictable as the untamed wilderness. Every journey to Antarctica becomes its own work of art, as unique and multifaceted as a snowflake. The seventh continent may be devoid of human cities, but hidden in the white mists and snowy reaches of the abyss is a brimming wonderland of life and sound. From the almighty crack of a glacier expanding in the water, to the chatter of penguins building their families on pebbled shores, the secret life of this seemingly barren place never fails to astound and inspire. Sail into the unknown and carve out an adventure that is yours alone on this expedition to Antarctica, where the only guarantee awaiting you each morning is the promise of something utterly unforgettable.
Degree of Difficulty –
• The land program is suggested, but for groups that want to do something different, we can customize as needed.
• The cruise itinerary is indicative for a program that visits the Antarctic peninsula only. In addition, we have longer programs that include the Falklands and Georgia Islands, or for those who do not wish to cross the Drake passage, we also have a program that arrives Antarctica by air and travelers are on the boat only in the Antarctic, avoiding the 2 days each way of crossing the Drake.
• Pricing is dependent on the actual departure date and group size. We generally get group discounts that we pass on to our travelers and negotiate each group separately. Contact us for further details.
• We work with Quark Expeditions on our Antarctic offerings, but if there’s another vessel you’re interested in, let us know.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated, or similar.
- Shipboard accommodation based on lowest category – Twin in Ocean Diamond with window; Infinity Suite in World Explorer. Upgrades are available for higher categories.
- Flights between Buenos Aires and Iguassu Falls on the post extension.
- Breakfast daily, all other meals as indicated in the itinerary on land; all meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board the vessel. Beer and wine during meals.
- All shore landings, zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program.
- Formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled.
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
- Hairdryer and bathrobes in every cabin.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Sightseeing via private motor coach with English speaking guide on land.
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Brazil – A Sense of Water: The Amazon, Iguassu Falls & Rio de JaneiroFrom$6,595.00
Great Escapes: Peru – Of Land and Water, of History and NatureFrom$3,995
Peru – Escapade to the AndesFrom$3,695.00
Brazil, Uruguay & Argentina – A Tale of Three Cities: Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo & Buenos AiresFrom$5,995.00