Perhaps no two places capture the Italian spirit as well as Venice and Verona. The former has served as a hallmark of culture and art, known as the spiritual home of the Opera itself, where artists like Vivaldi and Wagner debuted their most treasured works. From its famed courtesans to the dreamy gondolas floating along the canals, Venice is an icon of Italian sensibilities where you’ll explore famous landmarks by day and also experience lush private gardens, mysterious medieval crypts, and ornate cathedrals after dark, when other tourists are not allowed inside. Verona is that fair place where William Shakespeare set the scene for Romeo and Juliet to meet their destiny and their doom. An ancient city, well loved by its many inhabitants and invaders, has become a living memory book with its long and varied history present around every cobbled turn on each vine-covered lane. Explore the famous stories and uncover the hidden mysteries of Italy as you tour these two cities, and if you’re so inclined, finish off with Florence on the optional extension.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Maximum group size: No restrictions, although we recommend a maximum of 35 travelers.
Note: Opera season for this program is only in July, however this program can be offered year-round for groups
or individuals who are interested in this itinerary, but not necessarily on the opera element. Contact us for pricing
during other times of the year.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- All ground transfers and excursions in private deluxe air-conditioned motor coach.
- Continental breakfast daily, a welcome dinner and a farewell dinner and other meals as per itinerary. (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- All museum and attraction entry fees indicated on itinerary.
- Two performances – one at the Fenice Theatre in Venice and the other at the Arena di Verona.
- Porterage for baggage handling
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
With so many Italian offerings, you must wonder when is a good time to travel. Here’s a synopsis.
- On our National Parks program, the parks are only accessible because of weather conditions during the summer months with best time being mid-July through September, which is also quite sunny, hot and gorgeous for water activities. Our program does include opportunities to experience the great outdoors and beautiful grottoes, from the mountains of central Italy to Rome and
- The Umbria Jazz Festival takes place every year in July and also in December. The program can be offered year-round as it covers a picturesque part of Italy, but if music is your passion, then it needs to be in July or December.
- The Verdi festival is in October and Puccini in September. Here, too, you can offer the programs year-round, but Italy, in general, is best visited in April-June and September/October, in order to avoid heat and also crowds.
- Similarly, the Venice & Verona program features Opera; the Verona Music Festival takes place from end of June through the end of August and some performances will also take place at the renowned Fenice Theatre in Venice. The program can be offered year-round if music is not the main feature.
- The South of Italy and the archaeological sites can be visited at any time, although best months would be April-June and September-October to avoid the heat of the summer. The temperatures during this time would be in the 70’s ideal weather for viewing the temples, or visiting the beach, or hiking. The summer months could see temperatures in triple digit, and the winter months would be in the 50’s.
- The rest of our programs are best in April-June and September/October for the reasons stated above, particularly avoiding the heat, especially if the program includes hiking.
European River Cruise – Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland – The Zoos of Europe & Cruising the Rhine RiverFrom$8,995.00
European River Cruises – Lyon to Arles, France – Sensations of Southern France & The Riviera
Central Europe in Concert – Germany & AustriaFrom$6,795.00
Iceland – The Northern Lights Nature’s Most Spectacular PerformanceFrom$4,295.00