Italy has long been lauded as a place of cultural significance. The great empire of Rome made its mark on the Western world for over a millennium, influencing art and music from the days of ancient emperors through to the Renaissance. Experience Italy’s legacy with a journey to the region of Umbria, a scenic region of Tuscany dotted with ancient ruins, medieval villages, and natural wonders, where the patrons of the art of jazz meet once a year to celebrate their craft. You will spend your days exploring the cultural treasures of Umbria and your nights surrounded by live musical performances by remarkable jazz artists. Let Italy fill your eyes with wonder and your soul with music.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Maximum group size: No restrictions, although we recommend a maximum of 35 travelers.
Note: The Jazz Festival is only in July, however this program can be offered year-round for groups or individuals
who are interested in this itinerary, but not necessarily on the Jazz element. Contact us for pricing during other
times of the year.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- All ground transfers and excursions in private deluxe air-conditioned motor coach.
- Continental breakfast daily, a welcome dinner and a farewell dinner and other meals as per itinerary. (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- All museum and attraction entry fees indicated on itinerary.
- Three tickets to jazz concerts.
- Porterage for baggage handling.
- Complimentary passport wallets and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
With so many Italian offerings, you must wonder when is a good time to travel. Here’s a synopsis.
- On our National Parks program, the parks are only accessible because of weather conditions during the summer months with best time being mid-July through September, which is also quite sunny, hot and gorgeous for water activities. Our program does include opportunities to experience the great outdoors and beautiful grottoes, from the mountains of central Italy to Rome and
- The Umbria Jazz Festival takes place every year in July and also in December. The program can be offered year-round as it covers a picturesque part of Italy, but if music is your passion, then it needs to be in July or December.
- The Verdi festival is in October and Puccini in September. Here, too, you can offer the programs year-round, but Italy, in general, is best visited in April-June and September/October, in order to avoid heat and also crowds.
- Similarly, the Venice & Verona program features Opera; the Verona Music Festival takes place from end of June through the end of August and some performances will also take place at the renowned Fenice Theatre in Venice. The program can be offered year-round if music is not the main feature.
- The South of Italy and the archaeological sites can be visited at any time, although best months would be April-June and September-October to avoid the heat of the summer. The temperatures during this time would be in the 70’s ideal weather for viewing the temples, or visiting the beach, or hiking. The summer months could see temperatures in triple digit, and the winter months would be in the 50’s.
- The rest of our programs are best in April-June and September/October for the reasons stated above, particularly avoiding the heat, especially if the program includes hiking.
France – Essential Paris – An Iconic Collection of Cultural HitsFrom$4,195.00
Southern Italy – Discovering Magna Graecia in the Boot of ItalyFrom$5,695.00
Central Europe in Concert – Germany & Austria
European River Cruises – Porto to Porto, Portugal & Spain – Secrets of the Douro & Remarkable Lisbon