Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of Greece, a land that has captivated mankind since the dawn of our species. From caves that Neolothic man once called home, to villages of ancient Greece, to medieval palaces towering over glittering shorelines against a backdrop of mountain peaks, discover for yourself why this place has been home to countless generations. Hike along mountain trails of Pelion & Zagori, gaze into the breathtaking depths of the Vikos Canyon, and dip your feet in the dazzling Ionian Sea, enjoying charms and scenery that have enchanted since the dawn of time.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Maximum group size: : Because this is an active program, we suggest no larger groups than 24.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Domestic air transfers (Corfu/Athens) on the main program.
- Ferry tickets from Igoumenitsa to Corfu on the main trip, and from Hydra to Piraeus on the postextension.
- Superior accommodations and best available throughout as indicated or similar.
- All transfers by air-conditioned motor coach or minibus, depending on size of group.
- Services of English-speaking cultural guide throughout the tour.
- Expert mountain guide for hikes in Zagori region.
- Sailing tour in Corfu.
- Meals included: Welcome and farewell dinners, breakfast daily; all other meals as specified in the itinerary. (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Truffle tasting in Kalambaka.
- All admission fees.
- Gratuities for baggage handling, hotel tips and taxes.
- Complimentary passport wallet and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
warm in most places and beaches and ancient sites are relatively uncrowded Mid-June to the end of August is high season and is very hot – the beaches are crowded and the ancient sites are swarming with tour groups. Conditions are once again ideal in September until the end of October. November to February are the wettest months and it can get surprisingly cold. Snow is common on the mainland and in the mountains, and it occasionally snows in Athens. But there are also plenty of sunny days and it is quiet during this time of year. Our nature of Greece program is only best between May and October.
The Nature of Italy: Rome to Naples ~ Italy’s Notable National Parks and Glorious GrottosFrom$5,895.00
The Arctic – Svalbard Archipelago, Norway – The Wildlife Kingdom of the NorthFrom$13,250.00
Great Escapes: Greece – Playground of the Gods & Island LifeFrom$4,795
European River Cruises – Germany, Austria, Slovakia & Hungary – Danube Delights & Medieval Nuremberg