Explore Rwanda and immerse yourself in a verdant world of emerald hills and lush tropical rainforest; this mist-shrouded habitat is home to the majestic mountain gorilla. Rwanda’s thickly forested Volcanoes National Park is home to an estimated one-half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas. This is where Dian Fossey did her groundbreaking work which ultimately leads to the conservation of these gentle giants—a story brilliantly retold in the book and award-winning film, Gorillas in the Mist. But Rwanda is much more than the home of gorillas—wildlife of an astonishing variety abounds here. With hippos, elephants, a selection of other primates and antelope inhabiting its protected areas, and a staggering selection of jewel-colored birds in the trees above, Rwanda has become a model for other African countries, and is one of Africa’s top must-see destinations.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Dec 15-Feb; Jun-Sep$8,995
Mar-May; Oct-Dec 14$8,795
Dec 15-Feb; Jun-Sep$9,395
Mar-May; Oct-Dec 14$8,995
In addition to the above costs, following current costs (subject to change) apply for permits
For Main Program: Gorilla Permit – $1,500, plus $20 for the porter; Golden Monkey Visit – $100, plus $20 for the porter; Karisoke visit – $75, plus $20 for the porter
At Nyungewe Forest: Chimp Permit – $90, plus $20 for the porter; Canopy Walk permit – $60, plus $20 for the porter; Forest Walk permit – $50, plus $20 for the porter
Maximum group size: 16 travelers. Ruzizi only has 8 tents.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Professional Naturalist with a minimum of 10 travelers on both main and extension programs.
- All meals while on safari. Other meals as specified in itinerary.
- All wildlife viewing by 4X4 open land cruisers, driven by professional driver/guides.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles.
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Southern Tanzania – The Swahili Coast & The BeastsFrom$8,995.00
Great Escapes: South Africa – Wild Treasures of the Rainbow NationFrom$5,195
South Africa Golf – A Journey That Really Has Game
Great Escapes: Tanzania – Treasures from the Land of KilimanjaroFrom$4,395