Discover infinite beauty as you follow in the historic footsteps of writers and explorers such as Ernest Hemingway and David Livingstone to Tanzania, where little has changed throughout the centuries. Discover the thrill of spotting wildlife in the wild in Tarangire, Ngorongo Crater and the Serengeti: elephant, zebra, giraffe, black rhino, wildebeest and hippo, all under the watchful eyes of leopard, lion, cheetah and hyena. Each evening, share the day’s events while relaxing in luxurious lodges and tented camps. A magical crater, ancient baobab trees, the footsteps of early modern man, herds of beasts and graceful creatures set the scene for an exotic adventure with unforgettable memories.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan 2 – Mar 15; Jun 16-Oct 31; Dec 22-31$6,195
Mar 16-Jun 15$5,595
Nov 1-Dec 21$5,895
Jan 2 – Mar 15; Jun 16-Oct 31; Dec 22-31$6,495
Mar 16-Jun 15$5,895
Nov 1-Dec 21$6,195
Maximum group size: 24 travelers
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flight between Arusha and Zanzibar on the post extension.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar
- All meals, starting with dinner on day 2, and finishing with breakfast on Day 10. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- All wildlife viewing by private land cruiser driven by a naturalist driver/guide.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles and with meals.
- Professional naturalist with a minimum of 10 travelers.
- All applicable hotel/lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
- January-March – southern sector of the Serengeti and the animals are massing and giving birth to their young
- April-June – central Serengeti and the animals begin to move
- July – western corridor of the Serengeti and on the move towards Kenya
- August-October – northern Serengeti and mostly into Maasai Mara in Kenya
- November-December – returning back to the Serengeti and making their way to the southern sector
Zanzibar follows a similar pattern with rains (longer rains in April & May with short rains in November) but it does not rain every day or all day, rather short showers. Being so near the equator, Zanzibar is tropical year-round, but in summer (December/January) it’s usually windy, so there are pleasant sea breezes.
Highlights of Southern Africa – Cape Town South Africa, Okavango Delta & Savute Botswana & Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Botswana – Desert Sunset, Delta DawnFrom$7,595.00
Tanzania – A Treasure Trove of Wildlife and CultureFrom$6,495.00
Uganda – Primate Safari to “The Pearl of Africa”From$9,495.00