Charming, elegant and mysterious, South Africa awaits you on an exciting journey, featuring many of the cultural and philanthropic stops the Duke & Duchess made during their recent royal visit in Africa! Feel the warmth of the African sun while exploring Cape Town’s immense cache of unrivaled beauty and exotic botanical gardens, up the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope and the endearing penguins of Boulder Beach. Explore Table Mountain and the verdant winelands, richly complemented by Dutch colonial architecture. Feel the rush of seeing Africa’s Big 5 up-close in Kruger National Park while surrounded in comfort. South Africa’s tumultuous struggle to end apartheid is on display when you visit the Nelson Mandela House and Apartheid Museum. The post extension takes you to Zimbabwe and the glorious roar of Victoria Falls. Explore and rejuvenate the soul in South Africa.
Visit the black suburb of Soweto (the name is an abbreviation of Southwestern Townships) for a look at all types of neighborhoods, ranging from shanty towns and worker’s hostels to the modern home of Nelson Mandela (he lived there for only a short while upon his release from prison, and it’s where Winnie, his ex-wife, now lives.)
Your next stop is at the Hector Pieterson Museum two blocks away from where Hector Pieterson was shot and killed. It became one of the first museums in Soweto when it opened in June 16, 2002 on the anniversary of his death. Hector Pieterson became the iconic image of the 1976 Soweto uprising in apartheid South Africa when a news photograph of the dying Hector being carried by a fellow student, was published around the world.
Visit Constitution Hill, the Constitution Hill precinct is located at 11 Kotze Street in Braamfontein, Johannesburg near the western end of the suburb of Hillbrow. Constitution Hill is the seat of the Constitutional Court of South Africa. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Superior accommodations throughout at hotels and lodges as listed in the itinerary, or similar.
- Breakfast daily, all meals while on safari, farewell dinner in Johannesburg and other meals as indicated in itinerary.
- Transportation in luxury air-conditioned motorcoach. Game runs in Kruger are in open land cruisers.
- Flights between Cape Town/Skukuza/Johannesburg, including airport taxes.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles during touring.
- All applicable hotel/lodge gratuities and taxes.
- Specialist guide with a minimum of 10 travelers.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Uganda – Primate Safari to “The Pearl of Africa”From$9,495.00
Kenya Unmatched – Safari Mystique Under African SkiesFrom$5,495.00
Zimbabwe – The Thunder & Roar of Africa’s True WildernessFrom$9,295.00
Madagascar – Land of the Lemur & Malagasy HospitalityFrom$7,595.00