Price Starting at $6,895.00
Peru, like much of Latin America, has been called the “New World” which belies the true legacy of its ancient cultures. The irony lies in the fact that temples of a 4,000 year old vintage have been discovered beneath walls of Incan construction, which were themselves subsumed by Spanish colonial buildings. See stunning extravagant works of pre-Columbian craftsmen displayed in a museum built atop a 7th Century pyramid. View the remains of a once thriving metropolis of thousands, constructed of entirely adobe in Chan Chan, and the extravagant artifacts from the Lord of Sipan’s tomb. See the lofty precipitous walls of Machu Picchu and the formidable fortress of Sacsayhuaman in Cusco. In Peru, it becomes clear that one does not have to travel to Egypt to be awed by the feats of ancient civilizations.
Degree of Difficulty –
Prices vary by season and package. Please inquire by phone at (800) 627-1244 or email email@example.com for more information and a pricing estimate.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Flight between Arequipa and Lima on the extension.
- Superior and best available accommodations in Peru.
- Andean Explorer train from Cusco to Puno on the extension.
- American breakfast daily. All other meals as specified.
- Gratuities for baggage handling, hotel tips, and taxes.
- Expert local English-speaking guides.
- Peruvian escort throughout with 10 travelers.
- Water with meals and in motor coaches.
- All entrance fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.