Travel to where the Northern Lights serve as backdrop to a procession of white giants when you venture to Manitoba. In this vast landscape of boreal forests, prairie and countless lakes experience the provincial charm of Canada when you explore Winnipeg and Fort Whyte. Fly your way to adventure in Churchill, where at certain times of the year polar bears outnumber people. Board the Tundra Buggy and observe these Lords of the North as they hunt seal and rear their cubs. These apex predators are just the peak of a diverse ecosystem that boasts over 150 species of birds, 500 species of plants and 44 species of mammals all protected within the Churchill Wildlife Management Area. Come to Manitoba and meet true northern royalty.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Oct 20-Nov 15$11,795
Oct 20-Nov 15$12,395
Maximum group size: 20 travelers per tundra buggy.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Two nights accommodation at the Inn at the Forks in Winnipeg.
- One night accommodation at the Grand Hotel in Winnipeg.
- Entry to Manitoba Museum, Assiniboine Park Zoo and Fort Whyte Alive.
- Roundtrip flights from Winnipeg to Churchill, Manitoba.
- Three nights accommodations at the Tundra Inn in Churchill. Accommodation is rustic, but comfortable rooms with private facilities.
- Churchill and area tour, including a stop at the Itsanitaq Museum.
- Dogsled excursion in Churchill and interpretive program.
- Parks Canada Interpretive Centre.
- Northern lights viewing session (weather permitting).
- Two full-days guided Tundra Buggy Adventures.
- Evening presentation and wine and cheese reception hosted by Polar Bears International.
- All transfers in Churchill and Winnipeg.
- GST taxes.
- All meals are included in Churchill. A welcome dinner and farewell reception are included in Winnipeg. All other meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Led by an Interpretive Guide throughout.
- Gratuities for baggage handling, hotel tips and taxes.
- All entrance fees to places of interest visited and on sightseeing tours indicated in the itinerary.
- Complimentary passport wallet and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Chicago, Illinois – Architecture and the Arts in the ‘Windy’ City
Québec, Canada – Great Whales of Canada Up CloseFrom$5,495.00
Columbia & Snake River, Oregon & Washington – Sipping from Nature’s Cup in America’s NorthwestFrom$5,295.00
San Diego, California – Beauty and Conservation in California’s Fair Weathered SouthFrom$4,595.00