When one hears the term “white giants” followed by the name Churchill, the image of a lumbering polar bear is conjured up in the mind’s eye. What is often forgotten is that this diminutive town rests on a spit of land that juts into the Hudson Bay, bordered on its western flank by a fertile estuary. In the summer, white giants of another sort frequent the briny waters in the thousands: beluga whales. After most of the bears have returned south, the lively leviathans congregate here to feast and to calve. These marine mammals are but one example of the myriad of fauna found here, which includes an astonishing array of birdlife and over 500 species of arctic wildflowers and boreal plants. Come experience the sweet surprise that is Manitoba.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jul 15-Aug 15$8,995
Jul 15-Aug 15$9,395
Maximum group size: 20 travelers.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Round trip airfare Winnipeg-Churchill-Winnipeg.
- Accommodations as specified or similar.
- All meals as indicated, including welcome dinner and farewell reception
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- One full-day Tundra Buggy Adventure.
- Churchill and area guided bus tour.
- Boat and Fort tour.
- Itsanitaq (Eskimo) Museum.
- Dog cart excursion.
- Winnipeg Trolley Tour.
- Zodiac Beluga Activity.
- Led by professional Interpretive Guide.
- All entrance fees to places of interest visited and on sightseeing tours.
- All transfers as indicated.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Finger Lakes, New York – Beauty and Strength in the Shadow of Women’s SuffrageFrom$3,995.00
Newfoundland, Canada – Whales, Puffins & IcebergsFrom$4,595.00
New Orleans, Louisiana – Food, Jazz & Nature in the Big EasyFrom$3,995.00
Alaska – America’s Last Frontier