San Diego is a place of outstanding conservation and research activities related to the preservation of the world’s rarest flora and fauna. This dedication is personified in the efforts of the San Diego Zoo, which has dedicated a substantial portion of its territory to preserving and preventing the extinction of endangered species. At the Torrey Pines State Park, rare plant species and stopovers for migrating birds are protected. Known primarily as an entertainment destination, SeaWorld is in fact a major funder of marine animal conservation and protection activities. These themes of conservation and preservation reverberate in the work being done in Quail Botanical Gardens, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Anza Borrego Desert State Park, and the California Wolf Center. A trip to San Diego is an experience in good stewardship of our world.
Degree of Difficulty –
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Accommodations throughout as indicated, or similar.
- American breakfast daily; all other meals as indicated.
- The tour is led at all times by an experienced driver/guide. In addition, local guides will join the group as specified.
- Airport transfers.
- Transportation in 15-passenger Ford maxi-van. A maximum of 9 travelers will be accommodated per van.
- All park and admission fees.
- All applicable hotel gratuities and taxes.
- Complimentary baggage tags.
Finger Lakes, New York – Beauty and Strength in the Shadow of Women’s SuffrageFrom$4,195.00
Kentucky – Bourbon Trail & Race HorsesFrom$2,895.00
Mexico – Sea of Cortez – Baja’s Bounty: Whale Sharks, Mobula Rays & WhalesFrom$8,295.00
Charleston, South Carolina – Southern Hospitality in the LowcountryFrom$3,495.00