Few places on earth embody the romance of history as well as Egypt where pharaohs built monuments to last for eternity, and intrepid explorers uncovered their secrets beneath the sands. Here, the roots of Judaism, Christianity and Islam intertwine deeply in the desert soil. Pictures belly the power of a first-hand experience of the scale and grandeur of the temples, tombs and relics of ancient Egypt. Explore some of the most iconic structures ever built in Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan. Set out on a dahabiya – a small, private vessel evoking old-world glamour – and spend a full week sailing the heart’s blood of Egypt, the magnificent Nile River, on a journey through time that you will never forget.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan-May & Sep-Dec$6,495
Jan-May & Sep-Dec$6,695
Maximum group size: 16 travelers – the dahabiya only has 8 rooms. Larger groups can be accommodated with use of multiple dahabiyas of similar standard.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Roundtrip flights between Cairo and Amman on the post extension.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- 8-Day/7-Night Nile cruise aboard the luxury Dahabiya.
- Excursion to Abu Simbel.
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners with wine; breakfast daily; lunch on tour days and all meals on Nile Cruise.
- English-speaking expert Egyptologist throughout and English-speaking guide during Jordan extension with 10 travelers.
- Sightseeing by private motor coach.
- All applicable hotel tips and taxes, plus gratuities for baggage handling.
- All entry fees.
- Complimentary passport wallet and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Great Escapes: Israel – A Mosaic of History & Religion in the Promised LandFrom$3,695
Egypt & the Nile – A Journey Through Antiquity
Israel – Holyland Unveiled: History, People, Religion & BeautyFrom$3,795.00
Great Escapes: Jordan – Treasures of the Hashemite KingdomFrom$2,795