With its abundance of reefs and rainforests, concern for conservation and truly incredible birdlife and amphibians, Costa Rica is the favored destination for those travelers with less time, but a love of nature. Discover the secrets of the rainforest from a bird’s point of view on the Rainforest Aerial Tram and by boat as you glide along the natural inland waterways and canals in Tortuguero National Park. Witness as thousands of turtles lumber ashore, lay their eggs and return to the sea. Watch the spectacular display of Arenal Volcano’s eruptions in the distance as you sip your drink and enjoy the hot springs. Your head and heart will literally be in the clouds as you explore Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to over 320 species of birds, including the Resplendent Quetzal.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Maximum group size: While there are no limits, this is a nature expedition and we do not recommend larger groups than 25.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- All ground transportation in air-conditioned motorcoach.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Services of professional naturalist throughout the tour.
- All meals as specified.
- All hotel/lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary passport wallet and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Cuba – Cubano Sato: The Nature of Hemingway’s Cuba
Great Escapes: Colombia – Coffee & The Arts in the Land of Emeralds & El DoradoFrom$3,195
Colombia – Modernity Meets Tradition in the Foothills of the AndesFrom$5,195.00
Chile – Wine and the Wilds in the Land of PoetsFrom$6,295.00