Explore the Pantanal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve, one of South America’s premier wildlife sanctuaries. With an area of 54,000 mi² and located in the center of the continent, the Pantanal is a biogeography mixing bowl containing elements of the Amazon Forest, Caatinga, Brazilian Savannah, Atlantic Rainforest and Paraguayan Chaco. This area is an unparalleled wildlife reserve of spectacular beauty, an ecological paradise containing hundreds of species of birds, thousands of varieties of butterflies, myriads of brightly colored flowers, and shoals of fish. Capuchin and howler monkeys, capybaras, toucans, anacondas, caimans, tapirs, giant anteaters and elusive jaguars help create an aquatic and sylvan theater of sights and sounds. Couple it with two amazing optional extensions to Rio de Janeiro, and one of the most spectacular Falls in the world, Iguassu, and you have the makings of a truly unique adventure.
Degree of Difficulty –
the environment, without renouncing comfort, the lodge offers excellent regional food made from the tasty meat and fish of the Pantanal, as well as organic salads, vegetables and seasonal fruit. ARARAS ECO LODGE.
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Maximum group size: 30 Travelers if staying at Sede Lodge I & II at Caiman. Posada Caiman additionally has 6 rooms at Baianzinha Lodge and 5 at Cordilheira. Posada Araras can accommodate up to 38 people as it has 19 rooms.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Chartered flight between Porto Jofre and Posada Caiman in light aircraft.
- Flights between Sao Paulo and Iguassu Falls on the pre-extension.
- Flight between Campo Grande and Rio de Janeiro on the post-extension.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Breakfast daily; other meals as indicated in itinerary, including welcome dinner at the Figuira Rubaiyat.
- All transfers in air-conditioned motor coach or minibus.
- Visits to Conservation projects at Caiman Ecological Refuge.
- Visit to Golden Lion Tamarin Conservation Project on Rio extension.
- Specialist guide throughout with 10 travelers on main trip and extensions.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles and at meals.
- All applicable hotel/lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All entry fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.
Chile – Wine and the Wilds in the Land of Poets
Great Escapes: Enchanted Ecuador – Colonial & Andean Charms in the Center of the WorldFrom$3,995
Peru – Escapade to the AndesFrom$3,695.00
Peru – Land of Mysticism … Five Thousand Years of HistoryFrom$6,595.00