Price Starting at $5,895.00
The barren sands of Sudan have secrets to tell in voices worn weary by the passage of time. Known by the Greeks as Aithiopia (Ethiopia) and by the Egyptians as Kush, this desert region was a flourishing center of trade and culture for centuries, facilitated by the coursing of the mighty Nile River. From the confluence of the Blue and White Niles, to the mystical peaks of Jebel El Barkal, the source of kingship for ancient royalty, you will delve into the past. Stand in awe of the pyramids at Nepata and Meroe, wander the bones of a once great medieval city in the north, and take in the fierce power of the Nile from the walls of an Ottoman fort. Feel yourself stepping back in time with every footprint left in the Sudanese sand.
Degree of Difficulty –
PRICING: Per person, based on double occupancy
Jan-Apr & Oct-Dec$5,895
Jan-Apr & Oct-Dec$6,295
Maximum group size: 24 travelers, although larger groups can be accommodated.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Internal flights on the Ethiopian extension.
- Superior and best available accommodations throughout as indicated or similar. The Meroe Camp is rustic with private facilities located outside the tent. The Tombos Camp is very rustic and is a pre-set temporary camp.
- All meals in Sudan; American breakfast in Addis Ababa and all meals during the rest of the trip in Ethiopia.
- Water in vehicles and during meals.
- English-speaking expert cultural guide throughout Sudan, and a separate guide throughout Ethiopia on the extension.
- Sightseeing by 4-wheel drive in Sudan and minibus or motor coach in Ethiopia.
- All applicable hotel and camp taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- Passport registration and entry fees.
- Complimentary passport wallet and luggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.