Price Starting at $11,195.00
Journey into a land forgotten by time, where ancient tribes still own the land and people commune with nature as a way of life. Papua New Guinea is an enclave of rare life, from the endemic flora and fauna, to the customs and traditions that make this island nation thrive. Over 850 distinct languages are spoken today in Papua New Guinea, making it the most linguistically diverse place on earth. Boat along the great Sepik River, stopping off to interact with unforgettable tribal locals. Discover New Guinea, the last bastion of traditions and ancestral spirits.
Degree of Difficulty –
Your tour will also take you to see the iconic Huli tribe in their local settlement here in Mount Hagen. This famous highland tribe is admired for their vibrant and colorfully decorated hair wigs and bilas. In contrast to the Sepik people you will visit in the next few days, whose art is manifested in ceremonial and decorative carvings, these Highland people employ as their art, body decoration, face painting and human hair wigs decorated with feathers, flowers and moss. Only known to the world at large since 1935, ancient traditions have a strong hold over the modern Huli. You will meet these proud people and learn much of their traditions and way of life which are still governed by their belief in ancestral spirits and sorcery. RONDON RIDGE.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- All internal flights in Papua New Guinea, some on scheduled carriers, others on small charters.
- Superior or best available accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- All meals in Papua New Guinea. Breakfast in Brisbane.
- All sightseeing by deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach, by boat, and on foot.
- Water in the coaches and with included meals.
- Accompanied by local guides in each destination.
- All entrance fees to places of interest.
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- Complimentary passport wallet and baggage tags.
- Complimentary emergency evacuation insurance.