Follow in the footsteps of some of the most important moments in American history, half a century ago, during the Civil Rights movement. Start in Atlanta, Georgia, where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was born. Visit the cornerstones of his life, from the house where he was born to his final resting place, learning and finding inspiration along the way. Next, cross state lines into Alabama, where you’ll visit Tuskegee, home of the legendary all-Black Red Tails Airforce unit that fought in the second world war, George Washington Carver, and Booker T. Washington. Stop in Selma, known for the Civil Rights marches that were held here, including Bloody Sunday, and on to Birmingham, where Rosa Parks made her stand. Allow the fight of those who came before us to fill you with pride and remind you that it is people who make history.
Degree of Difficulty –
Maximum group size: No restrictions, although we recommend a maximum of 30 travelers.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Transfers from Airports to the Hotels on the main trip and extension. (Please note one group transfer will be supplied each way. Anyone not arriving on group schedule, will require a personal transfer at additional cost.)
- All transfers and excursions by private vehicle.
- Services of driver/guides throughout the tour.
- American breakfast daily; other meals as indicated in itinerary.
- All applicable hotel taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- All attraction admission fees.
- Complimentary baggage tags.
Savannah & Georgia’s Golden Isles: Jekyll, St. Simons & Cumberland Islands – Southern Splendor & Natural BeautyFrom$3,895.00
Alberta, Canada – Canadian Rocky Mountains – Lakes, Glaciers & WildlifeFrom$5,295.00
Mexico – Sea of Cortez – Baja’s Bounty: Whale Sharks, Mobula Rays & WhalesFrom$6,495.00
Newfoundland, Canada – Whales, Puffins & IcebergsFrom$4,595.00